A survey of the fundamentals of general chemistry. Emphasis on essential concepts and problem solving techniques. Basic principles of measurement, chemical bonding, structure and reactions, nomenclature, and the chemistry of acids and bases. Preparation for students taking more advanced courses in chemistry. Designed to meet needs of students in such diverse areas as agriculture, nursing, home economics, physical education and water technology.
Student may receive credit for only one of the following: CHM130 and CHM130LL, or CHM130AA.
Low-Textbook-Cost Class: The total cost of the required materials for this course is $40 or less.
Prerequisites: C or better in [(CHM100 or MAT090 or MAT091 or MAT092 or higher or satisfactory math placement) and (RDG100 or RDG100LL, or higher or eligibility for CRE101 as indicated by appropriate reading placement)] or permission of the Instructor.
Class Availability: Open
3 of 24 seats available
General Education Designations
||January 22, 2024 - May 10, 2024
|| 4:00pm - 6:40pm
Concurrent Enrollment Required in 0007-LEC (32696) and 0008-LAB (32697)
|Last full refund date
||Student Last Date to Withdraw
|January 29, 2024
||March 10, 2024
Books and Materials
Shop for books and materials
- CHM 130 Workbook for EMCC (Required)
- 4th edition (2022)
- ISBN: 9781774946763
- Publisher: Bluedoor LLC
- Author: Lihs
- Type: Textbook
- Estimated Price: $40.75 (new)
- New Retail Price: 40.75, Used Retail Price: 0.00. This is not a Rental Title.
- COMP BK 80SH 10x8 5x5SQ BLCK (Required)
- Publisher: Douglas Stewart
- Author: Roaring Springs
- Type: Supply
- Estimated Price: $6.99 (new)
- New Retail Price: 6.99, Used Retail Price: 0.00, New Rental Fee: 0.00, Used Rental Fee: 0.00. UPC: 709.
- Estrella Mountain Community College
- Montezuma Hall
- MON 117